In 1995, Bailin co-founded Online Resources Incorporated (ORI). ORI designed developed, marketed and hosted Web sites and applications for small- to medium-sized businesses. Bailin and his four other partners grew the company to just over 200 clients within two years. In 1998, ORI was acquired by Planet Technology Solutions (PTS), a large technology solutions company in Parsippany, NJ. Bailin remained at PTS as Director of E-Business and was charged with developing new areas of business for the rapidly growing company.
"At Planet Technology Solutions my focus shifted from small businesses to large- and enterprise-size clients. We became "Solution Engineers", developing e-business solutions, wireless strategies and Internet marketing plans for large enterprise companies such as Chanel, Hershey's, Lechters, WM Wrigley Company, Dannon, Yankee Candle and many others. PTS continued to acquire industry leading companies to support its growing client base and grew from 40 to 200 employees in under two years."
In 1999, Bailin pioneered an Internet Marketing Division for PTS. He headed up a team of ten technologists, marketers and consultants. The division successfully created online marketing and search engine strategies for PTS clients. The Internet Marketing Division continued to grow over the next year and became an integral part of every E-Business strategy PTS developed.
By mid 2000, Vytek Wireless (White Plains, NY) acquired Planet Technology Solutions. At that time Bailin, a shareholder in the company, acquired the Internet Marketing Division of the company and founded the Internet marketing company Single Throw. The growing client list of Single Throw includes Scholastic, Sara Lee, Bath Fitter, KIWI Shoe Polish, Endust, Select Energy, BP Oil, Hyperion Technologies, Oxford Health, MagLite, Symbol Technologies, CentraState Healthcare among many other public and private enterprise corporations.
- Single Throw currently has close to forty full-time employees and is considered to be among the top Internet marketing companies in the country.
- In 2003 Single Throw was awarded a proclamation from the state of New Jersey for "Excellence in Business" and setting a standard in the Internet Marketing industry.
- Also in 2003 Single Throw was nominated and accepted into the "Sherpa Marketing Guide" as one of the top companies in Internet Marketing.
- In February of 2004 Single Throw was awarded a listing in best selling author Seth Godin's book "Bull Market" sponsored by Fast Company Magazine. In 2005, Bailin later shared the speaker’s platform with Godin at a marketing seminar.
He has been a keynote speaker for Microsoft, GE, Bath Fitter and spoken for groups such as The Direct Marketing Association (DMA), Business Marketing Association (BMA), Second Wind Network, American Marketing Association (AMA), United Parcel Service (UPS), NJ Ad Club, MENG, Affiliate Summit and many others.
Bailin has co-presented with industry leaders such as Ask Jeeves, Symbol Technologies, Avaya and Microsoft. Bailin is also a featured marketing article writer on the topic of Internet Marketing, social media and Search Engine Technology for online and offline publications and has been a featured expert in articles by Yahoo!, Entrepreneur Magazine, Realtor Magazine, CNN Money, The Street and Direct Marketing Magazine.
In 2007, Bailin started a fundraiser for charities named after Billy, the character in this book, called "Billy Gives Back". Using this book as a catalyst he hopes to raise tens of thousands of dollars through direct charitable donations and corporate charitable giving.
Also in 2007,
- Bailin was named one of New Jersey's top 40 business people under the age of 40.
- In the same year balin was called "one of the top minds in the business" by Yahoo's marketing team.
Bailin is working on his second and much anticipated Internet marketing book titled "Clicking Ass!" and expects it to hit bookstores in September of 2010.